Severe Weather Discussion for August 16-22, 2010.
– Showers and thunderstorms are possible Monday thru early Wednesday.
Showers and thunderstorms are possible again late Friday. Severe
thunderstorms are not expected.
– Temperatures will be in the mid 90s Monday-Wednesday, upper 90s
Thursday, mid 90s Friday, upper 90s Saturday-Sunday.
– Tropics are unseasonably quiet as the end of this week is the
typical ramp up to the most active time of year (09/10).
– Severe Thunderstorms in Oklahoma: 5%
– Storm Chase: < 5%
– Tropical Development: 20%
Northern stream shortave trof helped push a cold front into Oklahoma
on Sunday. This boundary moved south of Oklahoma as showers and
thunderstorms developed across the state. Upper system moving through
Oklahoma on Tuesday will reinforce the frontal boundary, if only
temporary. Heat is expected to return on Thursday as the 594dm ridge
makes an appearance. I went a little lower on Friday's number seeing
the 00z ECMWF. The heat does return on Saturday into Sunday. I'm
staying a little below 100F as I'm not sure we'll be as hot as last
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.