Severe Weather Discussion for August 2 – 8, 2010.
– Thunderstorms are possible late Thursday into Friday across
– Temperatures will be in the 101-103F range Monday-Thursday, upper
90s Friday, then 101-103F Saturday-Sunday.
– Tropical Storm Collin is in the eastern Atlantic and may not be
around much longer.
– Severe Thunderstorms in Oklahoma: 5%
– Storm Chase: < 5%
– Tropical Development: 15%
Typical early August weather in-progress this week as a 594dm ridge
remains nearby. Models indicate a brief cold front might enter the
state late Thursday into Friday, as such pops are added with a slight
decrease in temperatures. Front should wash-out, with a return to the
heat by Saturday. Max climate temp remains 94F at OKC for another ten
TS Collin isn't doing well and may be downgraded to a TD or even an
open wave later today. If this system remains deep, it should recurve
in a few days. However, a shallow open wave may continue moving
westward. Should be interesting to watch the peak of tropical season
with all the shear that has been around recently.
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.