Timing: Now – 10:00pm CST
*Life threatening winter storm continues*
– Blizzard warning continues for southwest Oklahoma until 6pm.
Blizzard warning continues for much of central Oklahoma (north/south)
until 10:00pm. Blizzard warning has been issued for much of
northeast Oklahoma until 6:00am Friday. Eastern parts of central
Oklahoma (Payne, Lincoln, Pott counties) Blizzard Warning has been
extended to 2:00am Friday.
– Winter Storm Warning continues for southeast and far north-central
Oklahoma until 10:00pm.
– Winter Weather Advisory continues for northwest Oklahoma until 6:00pm.
– Bitterly cold temperatures have overspread the state and will remain
for several days. Winds will remain very strong through the evening
– State of Emergency for all 77 Oklahoma Counties. Interstates in
Oklahoma City are closed. I-44 southwest of Oklahoma City is closed.
Will Rogers World Airport is closed. I'm sure there are several other
roads closed at this point. 16,000 meters are without service.
Upper low noted on radar over northeast Texas tracking slowly east.
The back-edge of the precipitation is located Cherokee to Grandfield.
Upper system will turn slightly northeast and move northeastward
through Arkansas during the overnight hours. Snow will likely
continue in Oklahoma City through the late afternoon into the early
evening hours. Snow will slowly diminish across southern Oklahoma
during the early evening hours and then slowly diminish to the
northeast by mid-morning Friday.
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.