Gustav Heading for Louisiana
At 10:00pm CDT –
– Hurricane Warning continues for High Island, Texas eastward to the
– The center of Category 3 Hurricane Gustav was located 220 miles
southeast of New Orleans, LA. Movement is towards the northwest at 16
mph and this motion is expected to continue prior to landfall. A
decrease in forward speed is expected to occur on Tuesday. Maximum
sustained winds are near 115mph and little change in strength is
expected prior to landfall. Minimum surface pressure is measured at
– Hurricane force winds extend outward to 70 miles from the center and
tropical storm force winds to 220 miles.
– Storm surge of 10-14 feet above normal tide is likely to the east of
– Gustav is a large cyclone, do not focus on the pinpoint track or forecast.
– Landfall is expected near Houma, LA, around 9:00am Monday.
None right now as the landfall track and intensity forecast remain the
same. Discussions on Monday will deal with the impacts of Gustav post
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.