Edouard on Land
At 7:00am CDT –
– Tropical Storm Warnings continue from Grand Isle, LA westward to
– Hurricane Watch continues west of Intracoastal City westward to
– These will likely be discontinued on the 11am update.
– The center of Tropical Storm Edouard was located about halfway
between High Island and Sabine Pass. Movement is towards the
west-northwest at 14mph and this motion is expected to continue for
the next two days. Maximum sustained winds are near 65mph and
weakening will occur now that Edouard is on the coast. Minimum
surface pressure has been measured at 997mb.
– Tropical Storm force winds extend outward to 70 miles from the center.
Edouard must have wobbled a little over night and there is very little
land area difference between Galveston and where Edouard went inland.
The track for Edouard must be shifted north given current conditions
and the center will likely move near Conroe during the day. No
changes in the forecast track as Edouard is being stirred by a 500mb
ridge to the north of the cyclone.
Edouard will start to weaken and should rapidly do so today given that
it was already poorly organized. Edouard will be a good rain producer
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.